Caregiver jobs are for individuals who are qualified to care independently for children, the elderly or people who have physical or mental disabilities. There is a shortage of Canadians who are available to work in live-in Caregiver jobs. In order to keep up with such a demand a live-in Caregiver Program was developed to bring qualified foreign people who are available to work on a live-in basis. Through the program you will become a member of a Canadian family for at least one year and will be paid a salary befitting a Caregiver jobs holder.
What the job offers:
The host family, which is your employer, will pay you no less than the minimum wage set by the province for live-in caregiver jobs, in which you are working. Minimum wage of caregiver jobs in the Canadian Provinces varies depending on what province you are working.
Caregiver Jobs Qualifications:
1. Must have completed a high school education that is equivalent to a grade 12 education in Canada.
2. Must be able to speak, read and understand English or French.
3. Must be able to function independently in a home setting.
4. Must have completed 6 months of full-time training in a field related to the job you want in Canada or, you must have completed 12 months of full-time paid employment (this must include at least 6 months of continuous employment) in a field related to the work you want to do in Canada.
5. Must have a clean criminal record.
Caregiver Jobs Requirements:
* You must provide three not family related references
* You must pass an interview to determine if you meet the program requirements
* You must be willing to follow the rules of your host family’s home, treat them, their children and possessions with care and respect
* You must be willing to commit to stay for a full year
* You must pay a good faith deposit to ensure your commitment to the program
* You must be a non-smoker or be prepared to sign a non-smoking declaration
* You must be willing to provide minimum 24 hours of childcare, related responsibilities and light housework per week
Interested Applicants may contact:
Be International Recruiting Inc.
45 Sheppard Ave East, Ste.900
Toronto, ON M2N 2J1