Caregiver Work Description:
Caregiver work is for individuals who are qualified to independently care for children, the elderly or people who have disabilities in their physical or mental attributes. At present, there is a huge shortage of Canadians who are available to assume the duties of live-in Caregiver work. So in order to keep up with the huge demand for qualified individuals to perform caregiver work, the Canadian government developed the live-in Caregiver Program. The aim of this program is to bring into Canada qualified foreign individuals for caregiver work. Through this program, the chosen candidate for caregiver work abroad will be employed by a Canadian family for at least at least 12 months and will be given a salary that is due to a caregiver work holder.
What the caregiver work offers:
To the chosen candidate for the caregiver work, the host family which is your employer, will pay you the corresponding minimum wage set by the province for caregiver work. The minimum wage of caregiver work holder in the Canadian Provinces differs depending on what province you are working.
To qualify for the caregiver work in Canada, the caregiver must:
- have completed a high school education that is equivalent to a grade 12 education in Canada.
- be able to speak, read and understand English or French.
- be able to function independently in a home setting.
- have completed 6 months of full-time training in a field related to the job you want in Canada or, you must have completed 12 months of full-time paid employment (this must include at least 6 months of continuous employment) in a field related to the work you want to do in Canada.
- have a clean criminal record.
The chosen candidate for the caregiver work abroad must also comply with the following requirements:
- You must provide the agency with three not family related references.
- You must pass an interview to determine if you meet the program requirements.
- You must be willing to follow the rules of your host family’s home, treat them, their children and possessions with care and respect.
- You must be willing to commit to stay for a full year.
- You must pay a good faith deposit to ensure your commitment to the program.
- You must be a non-smoker or be prepared to sign a non-smoking declaration.
- You must be willing to provide minimum 24 hours of childcare, related responsibilities and light housework per week.
To apply for the agency’s caregiver work abroad vacancy, all interested applicants may log on to their website at www.elitecarecanada.com/beint/ or send your comprehensive resume via E-mail to email@example.com